Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Hair Stylist Bonnie

On average, I get a haircut every 8-10 weeks and similarly I average about one compliment per week about my hair... And what girl doesn't like compliments on her appearance. Not this girl, bring it.

My Bonnie story is one of those small world stories. I was getting a hair cut after Bush "won" the election in 2000. My stylist at the time as an adorable young fellow at a chic Aveda salon downtown, he was also a staunch republican. His politics did not typically effect his performance but he was so lathered up over the burgeoning legal battles in Florida to settle the election he took it out on my coif. I left the salon looking the unholy love child of Dorothy Hamill and Moe from the Three Stooges.

After a couple weeks of trying to make it work I booked the earliest appointment at a nearby salon. An appointment with Bonnie. I arrived at the salon to see a familiar face. Bonnie Wibbles whose locker was next to mine all through high-school

She's been doing my hair, and that of a few friends since then. She's also a friend a my partner in sushi adventures. I'm thankful for Bonnies steady hand and her eye for symmetry when it matters and when it doesn't.

No comments: