Monday, November 9, 2009

Drinking Water

Fresh delicious drinking water flowing freely from our taps is something we likely take for granted in an industrialized nation until it pours out of our spigots smelling like chlorinated swamp.

My parents are currently enduring this very same public works debacle and I feel for them. Similarly, a year or so ago, the water in my corporate high-rise of employment began to taste the like the murky sludge at the bottom of the Mississippi... not good at all. Fortunately a teammates' husband is a water distributor and now for about $2.50 a month per person our team shares in the glub-glug of a good old fashioned water cooler.

I've become a bit of a connoisseur of water over the years and also a vigilant hydrator. That combination makes me immensely thankful for the readily available access I have to bright, refreshing drinking water (Eagan tap plus a Brita) and how good it makes me feel when I am fully hydrated.

1 comment:

Plante Consulting said...

Oh the glub glug of a water cooler ... And red socks. What fond memories.