Monday, November 16, 2009

Flannel Sheets

Shorter days and a chill in the air mean “the big change” approaches on Horten Point… The hospital-cornered change to flannel sheets. The soft brushed knap holds the heat and creates a cozy cocoon (a woven to those in the know) that facilitates the long winters nap while the novelty prints nurture my inner child.

Be it a creamy golden khaki studded with snowmen, reindeer and candy canes or something less “festive” like a chocolate brown swirled with creamy white and icy blue snowflakes something about curling into bed bundled in flannel whimsy brings me back to a time when my age was in the single digits. Even though I never had flannel sheets as a kid.

If you’ve read about my love for changing seasons, this detail should come as no surprise. I’m thankful for the warmth and comfort of flannel sheets and how they make me feel inside and out.

No comments: