Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Good Cry

From a pure data standpoint tracking gross tear production as a measure I suppose it could be said that I cry a lot which, again speaking only technically, I suppose is true. Although, if you bucket the tears into thematic categories and graph the distribution you'll clearly see that I am not a huge cryer in the "she's a cryer" traditional sense of the term.



The vast majority of my tears are from laughter or empathy but occasionally I am angered, frustrated, minimized, hurt and/or all of the above to the point I just need the release and reset that a good cry can provide.

Today, I was thankful for the warm salty tears that streamed down my cheeks and washed the work week away while I navigated the commute home. Today, I was thankful for a good cry.

No comments: