Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Men and Women of our Armed Forces

Day 8 of 30 Days of Thankful

I don't care much for war and our current war is mired in politics that will quickly steer my editorial far afield from my thankful focus. That said, regardless of the back story to any military action it is the men and women on the front lines that deliver on the orders, carry out the mission and accept the personal risk.

Today, in honor of Veteran's Day, the fine fellows on the Fox NFL Sunday Pre-Game show broadcast from Afghanistan and the faces of the front-lines were brought into my living room. These men and women in uniform peppered the commentators with questions about their favorite teams and players with a normalcy that astonished and humbled me.

Thankful as both a term and sentiment falls short for expressing my appreciation of the men and women who have committed their time and accepted the risk to their life and limb to protect not only American freedoms but the freedom and human rights of people around the globe. For the troops--active, veterans, and the missing and fallen--and their families, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Plante Consulting said...

I am thankful for KW's 30 days of thankful posts.... It is a bright spot of reading in my day. I hit your blog HOURS AND HOURS before I even think about hitting Facebook --Now that's saying something. Anyway I can convince you to do a Dec day-by-day blog?