Thursday, November 12, 2009

Music Accessories

I love music and my Susan Boyle post, while accurate, was a bit of a fatigued 'phone in.' I'll expound on music later... but today it's all about the accessories. If I had two children... I'm certain I would not be able to articulate which one I love more. I know this because I have both an iPod Touch and Sirius Satellite Radio and there are days where I am truly torn between them.

Do I play the musical version of Russian roulette and shuffle the iPod collection or play one of my custom tailored playlists to create or punctuate the exact mood I'm shooting for? Or do I turn it over to the science provided to me by my good friends at Apple and roll with a series of Genius picks... Play lists computer generated based on one song selection reconciled to the remaining songs available on the device. Oh, decisions decisions.

Or... if I'm rolling down the road do I hit the gloriously commerical-free satellite airwaves and broadened my horizons with some new music or a specific decade or genre (jazz, heavy metal, acoustic)? Perhaps the collection of just one artist (Sinatra, Elvis, Springsteen). Politics, news, humor or Martha Stewarts timely turkey tips--over 100 stations to choose from.

Living in the information age and a fan of technology I am thankful for the gadgetry and personalization that allows me to have what ever music I want near me anytime I have a free ear.

1 comment:

Plante Consulting said...

I had to laugh when I had to re-read this sentence, "If I had two children... I'm certain I would not be able to articulate which one I love more. " I thought out loud, What, she might love music more than her own child? oh wait... i misread and momentarily misunderstood the sentence. Reading comprehension was NEVER my strong ability

Your posts are great. Please don't stop.