Monday, March 3, 2008

Unorganized Bliss

Tonight I am pecking out this entry basking in the blue glow of my new HP laptop. It is a bittersweet post and could have been composed a full 80 minutes sooner. The set up was seamless and truly as simple as the 1-2-3 illustrated inside the box however I had it in my head that I would need to install my Comcast disk onto the PC and I have torn my house apart looking for the CD.

I knew exactly where it was... in theory. I recall sliding it in the the envelop with the drivers for my modem and putting them in the file cabinet. Alas, there is only a modem disk in that envelop. I have torn through the house and have found every other set of drivers but not my trusty Comcast CD.

Through the cursing and rifling I could hear my new PC beckoning me so I came down to see if there was any way to access the Internet at all without the Comcast disk of Wonder and much to my delight here I am! My first action on my new PC was to tell you all the story of how truly disorganized I am at home. No shock to my family.

I still won't rest until I have found that d@mn disk. It's personal now.

1 comment:

JRM said...

Or you could have called your trusty self-help tech guy Jason. You do realize that he's at your beck-and-call. Obviously not, or you could have been installing Warcraft already. ;-)