Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Dining Shame

The drive home was bad tonight. Not as bad as my friend Anti-Kristin had it but bad nonetheless. While I kept the road rage in check what spiralled out of control was my appetite. I got home and needed dinner now.

My cupboards slash fridge are not bare but they don't include enough independent ingredients to pull together a meal: egg noodles and cranberry sauce, cous cous and peanut butter, deli roast beef and yogurt... I think not.

Instead, I ate a dinner of Holiday rarities standing at the kitchen counter:
  • Six pieces of headcheese with Saltines
  • Two spritz (one tree, one wreath)
  • One cut-out (Santa with red sugar)
  • My last Harvest Moon ale
Truly a busy gal's dinner and the saddest part of all is that I love to cook and have mad skillz to boot. As soon as the roads clear I need a trip to the grocery store but until then I know I have enough for sustenance.

Thank God for the headcheese, just like in the old country.

2 comments:

Plante Consulting said...

Good thing is that when you come to my house for dinner this week apparently anything will be fantastic.

Kirk Ahlberg said...

Deli roast beef & yogurt? Yummy! Sounds like most of the meals I've "prepared" in the last 10 years.