Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hurray for Layaway!

I miss the nostalgia of simpler times from my childhood and it seems like I was probably a kid when I last heard the term layaway. With so many Americans swimming in bills and drowning in debt I could not be more thrilled to see the Kmart marketing a tried and true tactic for troubled pocketbooks. Kmart is reviving layaway.

I want to give Kmart a retail hug. A reverse boycott… a supportcott!!!

For the rest of 2008 Kmart will be the recipient of my discount retail dollars. Join me in this blue light brigade in support of their layaway program and honor the pay now and get later priorities of our parents and grandparents in favor of the get now and pay later mentality that can be an express checkout into trouble.

2 comments:

Plante Consulting said...

You said it!

lupingirl said...

I love it - layaway is such a fantastic idea, I don't know why it ever went away in the first place!