Sunday, October 5, 2008

Peak Season

As soon as the gourds begin to swell and dot the landscape with orange my palate turns to all things pumpkin. Yesterday was an excellent example of my autumn weakness—two of my three meals contained a pumpkin feature. The graph* below is an illustrative example of the dramatic spike in my consumption.



Last year I made a special effort to test one new pumpkin recipe a week… this year I will endeavor to do the same and keep you posted on the winners. This week’s rundown was anchored by my annual favorite Bruegger’s offering, their pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese. So good, my annual Bruegger’s consumption probably mirrors the graph above. Oooh sooo good.

*Maximum of 21 on y-axis representing approximate weekly opportunities of three meals per day times seven days in a week.

1 comment:

JRM said...

What are your CTQs for pumpkins? Is a round shape preferred? Do they need to be clean at the time of purchase? Is a stem required? Does size matter? I need data points!