Sunday, January 18, 2009

I was duped.

Yesterday, I showed up at a birthday party for Julie's (one of my BFF) youngest kidlet, Maggie. Julie and I had plans to hit the town after. I think I was probably her exit strategy to discourage hangers on. Julie is thoughtfully prudent with her invitations to events like this lest folks like me feel obligated to attend. I was kind of excited to get the invite. I like Maggie a lot and haven't seen a number of Julie's family members for a awhile and was looking forward to catching up.

However, that was not the party I stepped into. She said the party would run from 2:00-4:00 and I could come by anytime after 2:00. I was out and about running errands and arrived at about 2:20 and while I should have been tipped off by the mention of a Hannah Montana theme and the lack of cars in the driveway and street I entered boldly to find a herd of 4-year-old girls and none of the adults I was expecting.

That was a lot of little girls and I earned my cupcake and the two Guinness at dinner later. Yikes. Jule, you've now got your first entry. Next time I'll ask for the full guest list.

2 comments:

Plante Consulting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Plante Consulting said...

Hee heee... I was so shocked to hear your excitement when I mentioned you could come over early for our date. I guess that should have tipped me off. :-) It was so fund to have you here. And I need to tell you it was the most mellow group of kids I have ever witnessed.