Saturday, August 15, 2009

Noo noo noo noo, noo noo noo noo

[to the tune of the Twilight Zone theme]

Was grappling with a conundrum at the Behr paint wall in Home Depot today. Was trying to find the right complementary blue for the office palette. The one in hand was too blue, too true blue... too baby nursery blue. I had a chip from Glidden that would work but I'm not a fan of how their paint goes on the wall. I know Behr could do a custom match but I still wasn't convinced I couldn't find an "off the shelf" hue.

Next to me is a man and his daughter. He is at the Behr compute matching kiosk thingy. He has one color card in hand and yells out to his daughter the number of the next card they needed for their project. He says "730E" to her. "What?!" she asks. "730E!" he directs more loudly (no agitation in the tone, simply louder). The girl breezes past me, speed reading the Behr equivalent to the Dewey Decimal system until she finds and snags the card her dad ordered up.

Meanwhile, I am sliding my Glidden sample over the Behr cards muttering what quite possibly sounded like the home improvement version of Goldilocks & The Three Bears. This one's too blue. This one's too teal. As I gravitate to the last section of blues... This one's just right! The perfect steely yet earthy spa blue I've been looking for. Card number 730E.

Creepy coincidence or divine hand in color match? You decide.

1 comment:

Plante Consulting said...

P A R A L L E L!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and
You have the freaky version of the gift.