Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ten Days

I don’t often legitimize my personal top tens by actually formalizing lists but when a friend of mine recently called me on the carpet for gushing cavalierly "this day is one of my favorite days of the year" it inspired a more thoughtful review to see if I could come up with ten.

Here is where I landed:
1. Thanksgiving Day
2. The Day After Thanksgiving (Christmas tree goes up during 007 Marathon on SpikeTV)
3. Christmas Eve
4. The first Sunday in July (it is usually the first day on the lake fishing)
5. The NFL season opener
6. The Cole Fantasy League draft party
7. Every day I get to spend with Sophie
8. The day I hit the Renaissance Fair with my peeps
9. The first significant snow when I don’t have to work
10. Any day I debut a new pair of shoes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe shucks... half of those involve you family

/blush

JRM said...

I made the list! Yipee! Although I wonder where "any day spent in Azeroth" would be on the list. Clearly, number 11 for sure. Or maybe it could bump the first snow...