Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fast fingers make for great typos.

We have an instant messaging system at work to aid in collaboration across departments and locations. As a championship multi-tasker this is a tool I love; I can have four little blinking screens going at once resolving four different questions or hunting down data.

But with increased WIP and speed, quality suffers but not without a chuckle. Here are the top three typos of the week including intended word and a definition for the new derivative.
  • Antidepresents (intended word: antidepressants)
    noun: these are gifts that actually make the recipient sad/depressed.
  • Retarted (intended word: retarded)
    adjective: mildly deficient dessert in the tart family.
  • Brasiest (intended word: busiest)
    adjective: the fastest bra around

That last typo was the most indicative of the week.

3 comments:

Marna said...

You're falling behind -- you should have 14 posts by now!

I had some really good pumpkin bars at BUNCO last night. They made me think of you -- you're the only person I know who LOVES pumpkin and doesn't hesitate to tell everyone. I'll pass along the recipe when I get it....

Joanna said...

this totally cracked me up. if you need to increase your sample size on this activity, let me know.

Kirk Ahlberg said...

Long live sniglets! And what the hell ever happened to Rich Hall?