Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Predictions and Promises

Prediction: By this time next week I will be very sore and a whole new kind of tired...but in a good way.
Prediction: I’ll see a thing or two that I’ve never seen before and might never again.
Prediction: This upcoming adventure will no doubt result in stories to regale you with later.

What I could not have predicted was the generosity of my family and friends. You stunned and humbled me with your contributions. You contributed almost 70% of the nearly $4000 I needed to make the trip. Your kind and generous contributions have made this possible and in return you have purchased a subscription to whatever updates I can ticketty-tap-tap-tap out whilst abroad.

In addition to the financial contributions you have all been very generous with the well wishes and travel advice and as a result of what I heard:

  • I promise to steer clear of animals higher on the food chain than me.
  • I promise to lift with my legs, measure once and cut twice.
  • I promise to immerse myself in the culture and embrace the adventure.
  • I promise to always travel with a buddy.
  • I promise to come home safe and sound.

VelOOM, Mandra piOON
(Good-bye, see you again)

No comments: